Close this search box.

About Us

/ About KHP

About KHP

Equitable Healthcare for All, Including Underserved Communities

Our History

In 1997 Claude Bergeron and Barbara Bergeron, two healthcare professionals with longstanding commitments to providing access to preventive and primary care to the underserved, wrote a grant application to the Health Resources and Services Administration to establish a community health center in Klamath Falls. Their application was funded and Klamath Health Partnership (KHP), a Federally Qualified Health Center, began operating as Klamath Open Door Family Practice Clinic.

In 1998, Klamath Open Door’s first home was on Washburn Way as West Occupational Care with just two medical providers. Later that same year, KOD moved to Town and Country Shopping Center.
Over the following years, KOD expanded to include nurse practitioners (1999), a dental facility (2000), and a mental health program (2001).

Then, after a successful capital campaign, KOD relocated to its current facilities on South Sixth Street in 2004 where x-ray services, an expanded dental clinic, and full administration building were added.

Today Klamath Health Partnership is the second largest medical provider in the Klamath Basin and beyond — Malin, Merrill, Bonanza, Bly, Beatty, Tulelake, Dorris, Macdoel, and Lakeview — offering residents access to culturally appropriate, high quality, and affordable primary and preventive health care from clinics with two locations in Klamath Falls and one in Chiloquin.

Serving the Underserved

We strive to provide our patients with all the services they need.

Underserved populations typically include individuals from low-income families, the elderly, disabled, children, mentally ill, developmentally disabled, immigrants, the working poor, and those unable to work.

Studies show that people who lack health insurance are far less likely to receive basic health care services, and are generally in poorer health as a result. They tend to delay seeking care even when in need of medical attention, do not fill prescriptions, and have trouble paying medical bills when a medical crisis occurs.

What’s more, the uninsured have more difficulty obtaining primary care and access to essential medication and have a higher rate of hospitalization for treatable conditions such as hypertension, asthma, or diabetes. In addition, studies have linked an association between periodontal disease and diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and even adverse pregnancy outcomes.

Organizational Management

Klamath Health Partnership is overseen by a volunteer Board of Directors comprised of community leaders equally committed to our mission, vision, and values.

Over 51% of the Board of Directors are actual patients at the health center with the other 49% representing our community at large. The Board of Directors sets the policy, annual budget, and strategic planning for the health center.

Internally, we have a medical director who oversees the clinical component of our community health center, a dental director who oversees the dental clinic, and an operations officer who oversees the administration and outreach portion of our program.

Our health center also boasts a highly-qualified, mission-focused management team, including a clinical nurse supervisor, medical records office manager, nurse case manager, financial/accounting department manager, outreach coordinator, dental office manager, and billing department manager.

Our Values

At Klamath Health Partnership, we uphold values of compassion, integrity, and excellence in healthcare. Our commitment to innovation, collaboration, and equity ensures high-quality, personalized care for every individual.

Equal Value

Each person deserves uncommon kindness and has equal value, regardless of circumstance. Patients and staff are valued and respected.

Serving Our Community

We believe in being fiscally responsible in order to continue to serve our community.

Team Care

We are dedicated to helping the patient heal by including them as part of a team care approach.


We believe in 100% access to healthcare.

Klamath Health Partnership

Klamath Health Partnership, Inc. is an FTCA deemed organization. For more information about FTCA click here

We are pleased to have received the Tier 4 Certification from the Oregon Health Authority Patient-Centered Primary Care Home (PCPCH) for our quality of care

We are staffed by a comprehensive team of over 50 health professionals consisting of physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, lab and x-ray technicians, dentists, dental hygienists, and certified ancillary personnel, some of whom are bilingual.

Scroll to Top